After a year on from their previous expansion, The Second Dream, Digital Extremes have released the next update in the Warframe universe.
The Second Dream had positive reviews across its player base with it’s added Warframe, weapons, missions and all whilst polishing up the game in general. Now that The War Within has released, some players feel like the update wasn’t enough to justify a years wait. The fact that Warframe has been able to stay a free to play title with DE constantly updating it, proves that the game is still rather popular. In spite of all that, let’s get down to the gritty details of The War Within.
New Cinematic Quest & Gameplay
The Grineer Empire grows stronger as friend become foe. What secrets does the Grineer Empire keep? Underpowered, unprepared and forced out of your comfort, you must find it in you must find it in yourself to overcome new foes to save yourself. The Queens’ Fortress awaits, where both Warframe and Operator will be pushed past their limits as they slowly unravel mysteries about the Tenno’s past and their true capabilities.
The Kuva Fortress hosts the most advanced Grineer fortifications to date. Strangely intricate elements of red and black are displayed proudly throughout the Fortress… décor far more ornate than other Grineer locations. The Fortress is heavily guarded with new and dangerous foes. Watch your step, Tenno.
* Kuva Guardians – Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queen’s army. The Kuva Guardians will surround you and with just a few well-placed blows, bring you to your knees.
* Kuva Jester – Beware of these mischievous and sickly Jester-like creatures that are quick to attack. To defeat them, you’ll have to call upon new learnings.
* Zarr – Unload a barrage of explosives or a huge shot of flak from this cannon’s enormous barrel.
* Twin Rogga – These twin barrels of destruction are the signature pistols of the Kuva Guardians.
* Kesheg – Slice through mobs of unruly enemies with this fierce halberd; the signature weapon of the Kuva Guardians.
* Kuva Armour – This fearsome Armor is guaranteed to intimidate your foes.
* Kuva Braid – Symbolising the corrupting power of the Grineer Queens.
* Kuva Cloak – Once worn by an elegant Elder Queen, before time and disease left her body mangled and disfigured.
* Kuva Coard – Ripped from the blade of a fallen Kuva Guardian.
* Landing Craft Kuva Skins – A Kuva themed Skin for your Landing Craft.
* Kuva Kavat Armour – This decorative Armor was forged for the Grineer Queens’ royal Kavats.
* Kuva Kubrow Armour – Drahks are outfitted with this Armor for the Queens’ royal prisoner hunts.
Bunkers Conclave Map – Take control of the security systems and turrets scattered throughout this Map and use them against other players. Take note: other players aren’t the only thing you have to worry about.
Arbiters Of Hexis Lunaro Map – The Arbiters of Hexis know there is more to the Tenno than just being good Warriors – they know them to be excellent Lunaro players as well! Seek truth through discipline and practise on this new Arbiters of Hexis themed Lunaro map. The perpendicular goals will require skill, precision, and teamwork to overcome. Bring your passion to the sands of this Lunaro map today!
What’s a new update without some free goodies? Head on over to Warframe’s promo site and enter the code ‘WARWITHIN’ to receive a free Teshin glyph.You have until Friday 18th, 7pm GMT.
If you’re interested in playing Warframe, you can download it over on Steam.